John T. Elliott is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and practices primarily probate, estate planning and guardianship law. He understands that each client’s circumstances are unique and enjoys providing counsel and planning to meet his client’s objectives.
John is originally from Bryan/College Station and graduated from Texas A&M University in 1999 with a degree in Biomedical Science. Following graduation, John work as a construction manager for a family owned company preparing construction pad sites for telephone equipment installation throughout the southeastern part of Texas.
John attended South Texas College of Law where he graduated with honors in 2006. While in law school, John served as a member of the South Texas Law Review. During his final year of law school, John served as a law clerk for the Law Office of Sharon C. Stodghill and joined the practice upon his graduation.
John currently holds a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification. Going through the process and training to obtain this certification enables John to better advise his clients with their estate planning in conjunction with their overall financial goals and planned asset protection.
John is married to Elizabeth who works as a Physician Assistant in the Medical Center. John and Elizabeth have two young daughters, Lila and Ellen.
Areas Of Practice
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Elder Law
- Real Estate Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas, 2006
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List, Highest Grade Award, Estate Planning
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S. - 1999
- Major: Biomedical Science
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the David Mizgala Award for Outstanding Legal Writing by the Editors of the South Texas Law Review
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Trust and Probate Section
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate