Houston Estate Planning Attorneys
Preparing for the Future
For many people, estate planning is difficult because it is not easy to contemplate the end of one’s own life. Others think estate planning is only for “the rich.” The truth is that even those with modest estates can benefit greatly from having a proper estate plan in place. When you are ready to make a plan that protects your loved ones and your assets, it is important to work with an experienced, trustworthy attorney.
At the Law Office of Sharon C. Stodghill, we have more than 25 years of combined experience helping people create comprehensive estate plans. We understand that estate planning means sharing sensitive information, so we respect and safeguard our clients confidences at all times. Our Houston estate planning lawyers devote personal attention to every client, taking the time to learn about your situation, answer your questions, determine your goals and then build a comprehensive estate plan dedicated to meeting those needs.
Call us today at 713-464-6412 or contact us by e-mail for a free initial consultation or case evaluation. We proudly serve clients throughout Houston, the Spring/Memorial areas, Sugar Land, and anywhere in Harris, Fort Bend or Montgomery counties.
Tailoring Our Services to Your Needs
Understanding that every client is unique, we do not employ a “cookie cutter” approach. We know that our services must be tailored to meet your specific needs and address your personal concerns. We think outside the box, exploring both conventional and alternative options that best serve you. We are here to provide all-inclusive services, including wills and trusts, powers of attorney, advance health directives, business succession plans and more.
In addition to being attorneys, Sharon C. Stodghill is a Certified Public Accountant, and John T. Elliott is a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner. With this additional expertise, they can educate you about the long-term implications of your estate plan, including potential tax consequences and probate issues for your loved ones.
Answering Your Questions
You should never be afraid to ask questions of your estate planning lawyer. We are ready to answer any questions you may have, including common ones like:
- What should I include in my will?
- Would a trust be better for me?
- What types of wills or trusts should I consider?
- Who will take care of my children if the worst happens? Do I need to include guardianship instructions in my estate plan?
- How do I ensure my assets are distributed in a timely manner?
True Full-Service Representation
We provide advice and guidance designed to minimize the time your loved ones spend in probate and maximize the assets you leave to them. Two effective ways of accomplishing these goals are:
- Estate tax planning: Ever-changing tax laws can greatly impact your estate. We will advise you on the best ways to minimize or avoid estate taxes.
- Will and trust modifications: Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, causing a substantial change in your circumstances. It is at this time you need to consider updating or modifying existing wills or trusts. Some examples include losing a spouse (or child), divorcing, remarrying, adding a child to your family or realizing changes in your net worth.
Contact a Conroe Wills and Trusts Lawyer for a Free Consultation
To speak with a dedicated Houston, Texas, estate planning lawyer about creating a plan to provide for your loved ones, schedule a free initial consultation at the Law Office of Sharon C. Stodghill. Please call 713-464-6412 or contact us online.