Sharon C Stodghill
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Business Organizations
- Taxation Law
- Real Estate
Sharon C. Stodghill has been board certified in estate planning and probate law since 2000 and has been a CPA since 1975. She enjoys working with her clients on a one-on-one basis to resolve family issues and help ensure that her clients’ wishes regarding disposition of their estate assets is accomplished in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Originally from Beaumont, Texas, Sharon moved to Houston shortly after graduation and worked in the public accounting arena primarily in the tax area. Sharon also gained experience working for a large national bank in their trust department.
Sharon started her law practice in 1995 and has been located at her current location since 2000.
Sharon served as an adjunct professor of income tax at the University of Houston, Certified Financial Planner Certification Program from 2001 to 2008. She also served as adjunct professor of estate planning at Rice University, Certified Financial Planner Certification Program from 2008 to 2011.
Sharon remains active in several professional organizations on an as needed basis and has been active as a speaker for various churches, civic groups, and professional groups. She welcomes the opportunity to educate individuals about estate planning and steps they can take to avoid problems in the future.
More recently, Sharon was involved in a committee at her church, St. John the Divine Episcopal Church, to provide information to the congregation on planned giving and effective ways to accomplish that goal.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D - 1992
- Lamar University
- B.B.A. - 1973
- Texas, 1992
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Houston, Certified Financial Planner Program
- Houston Bar Association, Trust and Probate Section, Member
- Houston Bar Association, AIDS Outreach Committee
- Houston Bar Association, Legalline
- Houston Bar Association, Elder Law Committee
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association
- Houston Estate and Financial Planning Forum
- Houston Chapter of Certified Public Accountants, Personal Financial Services Committee, Member
- Elder Care Committee, Member
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member, Advanced Estate Planning Conference
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant
- Board Certified, Estate Planning and Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Current Employment Position