Creating Trusts Tailored To Your Needs
A will is a necessary first step in protecting your family and your property. Sometimes, however, a will is not enough, especially if you have family members or dependents who may need more than simple money or property.
Trusts can be invaluable estate planning instruments in such cases.
At the Law Office of Sharon C. Stodghill, we know that every family is different, and every dependent has his or her own needs. Our lawyers will work with you to create trusts that ensure that the people you love are taken care of in a way that is meaningful and practical and takes into account their needs as well as your own.
Protecting Your Vulnerable Dependents
When you form a trust in Texas, you designate a beneficiary who will receive your assets and a trustee who will manage the distribution of the assets. This is especially useful if:
- Any beneficiaries are minor children
- Any beneficiaries are disabled adults or recipients of special needs benefits
- You have complex property that must be handled in a particular way, but you would like profits from that property to benefit your family.
- You wish to use your estate for a specific purpose, such as funding a loved one’s education.
- You wish to provide funds to an organization such as a charity.
A trust may also be useful in helping your family avoid unnecessary taxes and the expensive probate process.
Our trusts attorneys know that every trust is different and every beneficiary requires an individual plan. We will sit down and listen to your needs and goals and use our more than 40 years of combined experience to help you make those goals a reality.
We offer a full range of trusts, including:
- Revocable or irrevocable trusts
- Living trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Spendthrift trusts
Call us today at 713-464-6412 or contact us by email to learn more about trusts. We offer sound legal advice and tailored service for clients in Houston.